The Mexican Association of Teachers of English, A. C. is a professional academic association which seeks to develop in its members, as well as in non-members, the highest standards for teaching English to speakers of other languages so that their students can communicate effectively in all the diverse situations in which they may find themselves.
• Promote the professional development of English teachers
• Assist teachers in updating their teaching methodology and in expanding their repertoire of teaching techniques in all areas of ELT
• Promote research in the field of Applied Linguistics in the area of English Language Teaching
• Disseminate, through its professional publications, the results of research and a discussion of classroom practices
• Create, through Academic Saturdays, and Regional and National Conventions, an ongoing forum for training and professional development in the area of ELT.